Friday, November 24, 2006

Outreach: Younger Generation

Thanksgiving was celebrated by first going to the morning Church service where everyone gave thanks and explained why they were thankful for the year. The family from across the country came together for dinner after church service. This was a good time for/to explaining the important of religion to the younger members of the family, and to explain to them that Thanksgiving is more than just food. There has been a push in the country towards getting the younger generation involved in church. Churches and gospel group are trying to reach them by appealing to their likes, everything from Christian rock, rap, and movies. My church is looking at ways of getting and retaining the younger generation in church. The members feel that all the goals can be obtained and that the young can be reached.

The Book of John
Chapter 14
Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.
In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.
And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.
And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know.
Thomas saith unto him, Lord, we know not whither thou goest; and how can we know the way?
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

No comments: